Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Guided Edit basics, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Guided Edit is one of the three editing workspaces in Elements Editor.…It offers explicit instructions and tools for performing individual tasks from…basic editing to specialty effects.…Now Guided Edit applies only to particular techniques, so you can't use it…across the board, but if you're working on one of those tasks, particularly if…you're new to the technique or to Elements in general, you'll appreciate this…step-by-step guide that you get in Guided Edit.…In this movie, I'll introduce you to the Guided Edit interface and in the…rest of the chapter, I'll cover the new Guided Edit techniques that have been…added in Elements 9.…
When I want to apply a Guided Edit to a photo, I can start either in the…Organizer or in the Editor.…In the Organizer, I'll select the image by clicking on it and then I'll go up to…the arrow to the right of the Fix tab and I'll choose Guided Photo Edit.…That will launch the Editor if it's not already open.…And it will open the file into the Guided Edit workspace.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.