Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Fixing photo dates, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
One of the important pieces of organizing information that Elements can keep…track of is the date on which files were created.…In the case of photographs, that's generally the date on which a photograph was…taken, but sometimes Elements doesn't have that information to work with.…For example, if you scan an old photograph like this one, then to date that…comes into Elements is not the date the photo was taken but rather the date on…which the photo was scanned, like this.…Fortunately, you can change the date and time of any file that you've…brought into Elements.…
Let me show you how it's done.…First, you want to make sure that you can see the date and time underneath the…photo thumbnails, if you can't, go up to the View menu at the top of the screen…and make sure that there's a check mark next to Details.…Then you want to select the photo or photos whose dates you want to change, so I…click on this photo to select it, or if I had multiple dates to change, I would…select Multiple photos here in the media browser.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.