Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Finishing the retouching in Lightroom, part of Using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements Together.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- This is the third movie in a series of movies…about retouching a portrait using…Lightroom and Elements together.…To recap what we've done so far, in the first movie,…we started with a PSD version of this photo.…And we added some adjustments in Lightroom…and then passed it from Lightroom to Elements…using the Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments option.…In the second movie, we did some extra…retouching in Elements and we saved…from Elements back to Lightroom.…Now, let's see what we've got here in Lightroom.…If you look at the filmstrip at the bottom of the Develop…module, you'll see that there are two versions of the file.…
The version we're looking at now is the PSD version.…The version that we started…with in the first movie in the series.…And it displays just the initial Lightroom adjustments…that I applied in that first movie.…Cropping, some basic panel adjustments,…and a negative clarity adjustment…with the Adjustment Brush to soften the model's skin.…These edits remain editable here in Lightroom.…So if I wanted to, I could come over to the basic panel,…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Togetherwith Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.