Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Fine-tuning a photo book, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
This is a continuation of the preceding movie in which I showed you how to…create a photo book and how to edit its title page.…Now I'm ready to move on and fine- tune the inner pages of the book.…To move from the title page to the first spread of two pages I can either…click the arrows underneath the Document Window, or I can go over to the Pages…tab in the Create column, and I can scroll to the double-page layout that I…want to edit and I can click on it here to display it in the Document Window ready for editing.…You always be working on a two-page spread at a time and you might think of each…of these two-page spreads as if it were a photo collage.…
So the techniques that I showed you in the earlier movies about creating and…working with photo collages apply here.…For example, I can switch out the photo in any one of these placeholders by…selecting a photo here in the Project Bin, and dragging it up and dropping it…on the placeholder.…I can also resize any photo inside of its frame.…To do that I'll select a photo in its frame and then I'll double-click inside…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.