Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Fine-tuning in Lightroom, part of Using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements Together.
- This is the final movie in the Lightroom Elements…workflow that I've been showing you throughout this chapter.…We started with the RAW file…here in Lightroom's Develop Module.…We made some adjustments to it,…to enhance the photo qualities,…color, and tone, and composition,…and then passed the photo over to Elements…to add a type layer, and then saved the resulting photo…from Elements and that version of the file…was automatically imported into the Lightroom catalog.…So what we now have in the Lightroom catalog is two files,…we have the original RAW file, which is this file,…along with the changes that we made to the file in Lightroom…and right next to it, the TIFF file that we just saved…from Elements that contains both the changes that we made…in Lightroom originally, and the Elements type layer.…
There's one more file here, this one that says,…"Crested Butte," that isn't relevant.…It's for another movie in this course,…so I'm just going to move it out of the way.…Now, one thing about the TIFF version of the file…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Togetherwith Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.