Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding photos in the Timeline, part of Photoshop Elements 11 Essentials: 01 Importing and Organizing Photos.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Another way that lots of us think of our photos is by the dates on which they were taken.…If you have a general idea of when you took particular photos and you want to…find those from all the photos in your catalog, you can quickly get to a…particular time period during which you took photos using the Timeline.…I'll open the Timeline here in Media View by clicking the View menu and choosing Timeline.…The Timeline is the bar across the top of Media View.…The dates that you see under the Timeline are the years in which photos were…taken that are in this catalog.…
And the bars represent months within those years.…So, this bar represents May of 2012.…The height of a particular bar indicates the relative number of photos that…were taken that month.…And if you want to quickly get to that month to see the photos taken then, just…click one of those bars.…So when I click May of 2012, that moves the grid to the first photo in the sort…order taken that month.…For just a second, there is a green border around that photo and the date under…
- Importing photos from a computer, camera, or iPhoto
- Adding photo captions
- Reviewing your photos as a slideshow
- Moving and renaming files and folders
- Reconnecting missing files
- Creating albums
- Applying keyword tags
- Identifying people in your photos automatically
- Organizing photos by events
- Adding location data to photos
- Finding photos
- Saving smart searches
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos
Importing the exercise files2m 50s
2. Managing Photos in Media View
3. Reviewing Photos in Full Screen View
4. Working with Files and Folders
5. Organizing Photos in Albums
6. Keyword Tagging
Applying keyword tags4m 59s
7. Organizing Photos in People View
8. Organizing Photos in Events View
9. Organizing Photos in Places View
10. Finding Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.