Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Enlarging the canvas, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
There maybe times when you want to add a little space around an image.…For example, you may need a little extra space at the bottom of a photo on…which to write a caption.…Or maybe, you'd like to have a frame all around a photo, or maybe you're a…scrapbooker and you want some space in which you can add some text on the side of a photo.…In all those cases, you want to increase the canvas size of the photo without…actually changing the size of the photo itself.…I'm working here in a photo that I've zoomed out on back to 50%, so that I can…see some blank area around it.…
Notice that this photo has a special Background layer.…To add to the canvas behind this photo, I'll go up to the Image menu and I'll…choose Resize, and I'll choose Canvas Size.…That opens this Canvas Size dialog box.…The first thing I'll do here is to check Relative, so that whatever amount of…Width and Height I add to this image will be in addition to or relative to the…current size of the actual photo.…Then I'll go to the Width and Height fields to type in how much I want to…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.