Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing text, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
Long after you've added Type layers to an image in the Full Edit workspace,…you'll be able to come back into those Type layers and edit them.…As long as you've saved the file in a format that retains layers like the .PSD…format or the TIFF format.…Remember that if you save a file as a jpg all of the layers are flattened, so…you no longer will have Editable Type layers.…If I want to make a change that will affect all of the text on a type layer, I…first need to select that entire layer.…There are a couple of ways to do that.…One way is to go to the layer in the layers panel and double-click the T icon on that layer.…
That selects the entire layer of type and adds this white highlight over the layer.…The problem with this is that it kind of obscures the type and it changes the…color in which the type appears.…So I am going to cancel by going up to the options bar and clicking this red…Cancel sign and show you another way to select an entire layer of type.…Let's say that I'm working on another layer like the Background layer and I have…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.