Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing pixels in Elements, part of Lightroom and Photoshop Elements: Integration.
- In this movie, I'll add some edits to this photo…that I couldn't accomplish back in Lightroom.…I'm going to add some text on top of the photo.…I'm working with the same photo…that I've been using throughout this chapter,…I haven't closed it.…You'll remember that I started with…a raw photo in Lightroom,…made some adjustments to the photo there…to brighten up the shadows,…and make the mountains pop,…as well as the sky,…and then I passed that photo…with those adjustments…from Lightroom into Elements.…And when I did that,…I got a non-raw copy of the file here in Elements,…this TIFF file.…
So now, on top of the Lightroom adjustments,…I would like to add some text here in Elements.…I'll start by going down to the Layers icon…in the bar at the bottom of the screen,…and clicking there so I can see my Layers panel,…and then I'll go over to the T icon…in the Tools panel on the left,…and I'll click there to select the Horizontal Type tool.…I'll move into the photo,…I'm going to leave my settings as they are,…I can always change the size,…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Together (2012)with Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 46s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.