Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Deleting files and folders, part of Photoshop Elements 11 Essentials: 01 Importing and Organizing Photos.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
There's an important distinction between deleting a file or folder from an…Organizer catalog and deleting a file or folder from your drive altogether; and…you want to be careful not to delete from the drive when all you mean to do is…remove a file or folder from your Catalog.…For example, let's say that I want to remove this yellow flower photo from my Catalog.…But, I may want to bring it back in, so I don't want to delete it from my…hard drive altogether.…I'll select the photo in Media view and then I'll right-click it, and I'll…choose Delete From Catalog.…
This warning tells me that if I just click okay, the selected item will be…deleted from the Catalog, but it won't be deleted from my hard drive altogether…unless I check this check box.…So I'll be careful not to check that box now, and I'll click okay.…The photo dissappears from my Catalog but it still is on my hard drive in the…same location that it always was.…So if I want to bring it back, I can simply import it back into the Catalog.…
- Importing photos from a computer, camera, or iPhoto
- Adding photo captions
- Reviewing your photos as a slideshow
- Moving and renaming files and folders
- Reconnecting missing files
- Creating albums
- Applying keyword tags
- Identifying people in your photos automatically
- Organizing photos by events
- Adding location data to photos
- Finding photos
- Saving smart searches
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos
Importing the exercise files2m 50s
2. Managing Photos in Media View
3. Reviewing Photos in Full Screen View
4. Working with Files and Folders
5. Organizing Photos in Albums
6. Keyword Tagging
Applying keyword tags4m 59s
7. Organizing Photos in People View
8. Organizing Photos in Events View
9. Organizing Photos in Places View
10. Finding Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.