Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Cropping and straightening photos, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
The Crop tool and the Straighten tool, both change the composition of a photo.…As I will show you in a minute these tools are sometimes used together, but…first, let's see how each tool works on its own.…The Crop tool cuts away one or more edges of an image.…You might use it to remove unwanted objects at the edge of a photo, or to make a…composition look more balanced, or to cut away some width and/or some height so…that a photo fits a particular physical frame.…Keep in mind that cropping an image is different than resizing an image using…the Image Size command as I showed you in the last movie.…
The Image Size command would make the whole photo smaller.…But it would keep the Width and Height in the same proportion as the original.…With the Crop tool I can change the Width and Height so that they're not in the…same proportion as the original.…I am going to select the Crop tool, here in the toolbox and then I will…move into the image.…And I will click and drag out of bounding box.…I can fine-tune the bounding box by moving my mouse over any of the edges or the…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.