Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating text, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Here in the Full Edit workspace you can add Type to an image.…The Type will come in on its own layer and you'll be able to come back and edit…that layer at any time as long as you save the image in a format that retains…layers like the .psd format.…I'm going to click on this T icon in the toolbar and from the flyout menu, I'll…select either the Horizontal Type tool to make horizontal type or the Vertical…Type tool to make vertical type.…I'll choose the Horizontal Type tool and then I'll come into the image and I'll…click with the cursor which looks like an I-beam.…
At that point the cursor will start blinking and that indicates that I can start typing.…But before I do I'm going to come up to the options bar and make some choices…about what kind of Font and Font Size and other font characteristics I want to use.…I am going to click the arrow to the left of the first field and that opens this…large menu that shows me all of the font choices that I have.…You may have different fonts in your computer than I do so you can use any…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.