Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating presets for Elements as Lightroom's additional external editor, part of Lightroom and Photoshop Elements: Integration.
- When you use Elements…as an Additional External Editor for Lightroom,…which you'll do when you have Photoshop installed too,…you can create Presets…that determine the way that photos will open…when you pass them off from Lightroom to Elements…as Additional External Editor.…To do that, I'll go up to the Edit menu,…the Lightroom menu on a Mac,…and I'll choose Preferences.…In the External Editing Preferences…I'll go to the second section,…Additional External Editor.…In the last movie I showed you how to set…Photoshop Elements as an Additional External Editor.…
So here's one combination…of File Format, Color Space,…Bit Depth, and Resolution.…Let's say that we want to save this…as a Preset…so that we can quickly get back to this combination…anytime we want…from the Edit In menu.…To do that, I'll go up to the Preset menu…and I'll choose Save Current Settings as New Preset.…I'll give this a name,…I'm gonna move that over…so I can type in all of these settings,…I'm gonna call this…tiff…srgb…8bit…and 240, and click Create.…
And that way I'll know exactly…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Togetherwith Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.