Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating albums, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Your photographs are likely to be located in several different places on your…computer or on external drives or disks.…But you can gather their thumbnails together here in the organizer into virtual…groups, called albums, to make it easy to access similar photos all at once.…You can use albums to organize photos by subject matter, like the photos from a…vacation or holiday photos, or you might want to use albums to organize photos…by project, like photos that you're collecting, because you plan to include…them in a photo book.…And you can use albums in addition to keyword tags, or star ratings, or smart…tags or any of the other organizing features I've shown you.…
To create an album I'm going to go over to the organized tab in the task pane.…And I've expanded the Albums panel there.…I will create an album by clicking the arrow to the right of the green plus symbol.…And from the drop-down menu I will choose New Album.…That switches this panel over to show Album Details.…In the Album Name Category, I'll type a name for this album.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.