Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Converting color to black and white, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
There's more than one way to convert a color image to black and white in the…Full Edit workspace.…The method that gives you the most control over the conversion of individual…colors is the Convert to Black and White command in the Enhance menu and I'll…show you why in this movie.…I shot this photograph in contrasty light on a stormy day.…I think it gives the color photograph a pretty intense mood and I'd like to…retain that mood, when I convert from color to black and white.…So I'm going to go up to the Enhance menu and down to Convert to Black and White.…
That opens this large dialog box.…On the left you can see the color image and on the right I can preview the…image as it will look with the settings that I am going to choose at the bottom of the dialog box.…I'll start here by clicking through these preset styles, keeping my eye on the…preview on the right.…You can see that each one of these black and white conversion styles makes the…photo look very different when it's converted to black and white.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.