Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Completing the bracketed exposure, part of Lightroom and Photoshop Elements: Integration.
- This is a continuation of the last movie…in which I started to show you…how to use Lightroom and Elements together…to take bracketed exposures of the same scene…and combine them into a high-dynamic-range image,…an HDR image,…that takes tones from all three of the bracketed exposures…and gives you one exposure…with a wider range of tones.…In the last movie,…we made some edits to three raw files in Lightroom…and then passed them over from Lightroom to Elements…to merge them together into a single HDR image.…
Here, I'm working in Elements editor…in the Expert edit work space.…The first step here is to go down to the Photo Bin…at the bottom of the screen.…If your Photo Bin isn't open,…then click the Photo Bin icon…in the bar at the bottom of the screen.…That will reveal the Photo Bin here.…Select all three images,…clicking on the first one,…holding the control key,…that's the command key on the Mac,…and clicking on the other two.…Then go up to the Enhance menu…and choose Photomerge*…and Photomerge* Exposure.…
That sets Elements off trying to join…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Togetherwith Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 46s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.