Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Comparing photos side by side, part of Photoshop Elements 11 Essentials: 01 Importing and Organizing Photos.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
After I've reviewed all of my photos from a shoot and I've chosen those that I…like the best, sometimes I have to choose the very best for a particular project…or to show a client.…It can be difficult to do that when you have a number of photos that you like.…And that's when I like to use the Compare feature in Full Screen view, which…shows me just two photos at a time, making my choice easier.…So here I have six photos that I like in this folder.…To go into Full Screen view, I'll go to the View menu, and I'll choose Full Screen.…Here in Full Screen view, you can see those two panels on the left, which are…going to collapse on their own in just a moment.…
We'll look at those shortly.…For now, I want to get to the Compare feature.…So I'm going to move my cursor, and that brings up this Control bar.…If you happen to leave your cursor where it is for just a moment, the…Control bar will disappear.…If that happens to you, just move your cursor a little bit and the Control bar…will come back into view.…
- Importing photos from a computer, camera, or iPhoto
- Adding photo captions
- Reviewing your photos as a slideshow
- Moving and renaming files and folders
- Reconnecting missing files
- Creating albums
- Applying keyword tags
- Identifying people in your photos automatically
- Organizing photos by events
- Adding location data to photos
- Finding photos
- Saving smart searches
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos
Importing the exercise files2m 50s
2. Managing Photos in Media View
3. Reviewing Photos in Full Screen View
4. Working with Files and Folders
5. Organizing Photos in Albums
6. Keyword Tagging
Applying keyword tags4m 59s
7. Organizing Photos in People View
8. Organizing Photos in Events View
9. Organizing Photos in Places View
10. Finding Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.