Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Color managing, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
Color management is one of the biggest challenges in digital imaging.…The trick is to get the colors that you see on your monitor as you're preparing…a photo in Elements to match the colors that a viewer sees in the final output…file whether that's a print or a file on a computer screen.…This is a challenge, because color is just a set of numbers that has to be…interpreted by devices like computer monitors to produce a color that we can see…and each device, whether it's a monitor, a camera, a scanner, a Desktop printer,…interprets color numbers a bit differently because each device is just a machine…that vary slightly from each other device.…
So that's the problem of color management.…What's the solution for Elements users?…Elements helps you deal with the color management challenge by honoring an…industry-wide color management system that relies on color tags.…A fancier name for those is ICC Color Profiles.…These color profiles are small bits of information that can be embedded into an…image that describes where the color numbers in the image come from and what…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.