Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing Edit Original, part of Lightroom and Photoshop Elements: Integration.
- In this chapter, we're going to talk about…what the Lightroom Elements workflow…looks like when you start with a non-RAW file,…a TIFF, or a PSD, or a JPEG,…rather than a RAW file…which we covered in the last chapter.…I've selected a non-RAW file, a TIFF,…here in Lightroom's library module.…To confirm that it's a TIFF…I'll press the spacebar to make it larger…and then I'll press I on the keyboard…to bring up this information overlay.…You can see that it has the TIFF suffix.…When you start with a non-RAW file,…like a TIFF, or a PSD, or a JPEG,…Lightroom presents you with several options…about how you want to edit the file in Elements.…
One of those options is to edit the original…and that's what I'm going to cover in this particular movie.…Before I take this file over to Elements…to work with the type layer and the graphic layer,…I'm going to make an adjustment here in Lightroom.…I'll do something that's really easy to see.…I'm going to press V on the keyboard…which converts the image to black and white.…Another way to do that would be to take the photograph…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Togetherwith Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 46s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.