Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Beginning a portrait retouch in Lightroom, part of Using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements Together.
- Lightroom and Elements both have features…that you can use when you're retouching a portrait.…In the next few movies,…I'll show you a workflow…that I think makes the best use…of retouching features in both programs.…This workflow makes use of the preferences…and hand off options that we've already…talked about in this course…so there's nothing brand new here.…I'm just using what I've already showed you…in the context of retouching a portrait.…I'm starting here in Lightroom with a non-RAW file,…a PSD format file, and I'll be using the Edit to Copy…with Lightroom adjustments option…to pass it from Lightroom to Elements.…
I'll end up with a TIFF back in Lightroom…because my Lightroom external editing preference…is set to TIFF.…I get the same result if I were starting with a RAW file.…As I'm planning out what retouching to do in Lightroom…and what retouching to do in Elements…I'll keep in mind that the initial adjustments…that I make in Lightroom before the hand off…to Elements will be baked into the final edited TIFF…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Togetherwith Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.