Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Backing up, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
To protect your photos as well as your Organizer catalog with all the…organizing information it contains about your photos, I strongly recommend that…you back up regularly.…Backing up is crucial to protect against computer crashes, theft, fire or other disaster.…You can backup directly to an external hard drive, you can also backup online if…you're a member of Photoshop.com.…Let's talk about how to back up to a hard drive.…You are going to want to use Elements Backup command to do this rather than…third-party software so that you get a backup from which you can restore not…only your photos but also the Elements catalog which contains all the tags,…collections and other organizing information that you spend so much time adding…to photos and Elements.…
The first step in backing up is, of course, to attach and turn on an external…drive that's big enough to hold all of the photos that you've included in the…Organizer catalog that you're backing up.…On Windows, you do have the option to back up to CDs or DVDs rather than a hard drive.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.