Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying keyword tags, part of Photoshop Elements 11 Essentials: 01 Importing and Organizing Photos.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
To put Keyword Tags to their best use, you really need to apply them to all your photos.…So I make a habit of applying Keyword Tags to my photos as soon as I import a…new batch into my Organizer catalog.…Keyword Tags are applied from the, the Tags panel in Media view.…In the last movie, I showed you how to open the Tags panel and how to…create Keyword Tags.…And here you can see what I have after the last movie, these Keyword Tags in…these categories; and I've also deleted some of the Keyword Tags that come with…the program that I didn't think I would use.…
So now, let's apply a Keyword Tag to a photo.…Over on the far left, I have a photo of strawberries.…I'd like to apply the Fruit keyword tag to that one, so I'll click and hold the…Fruit keyword tag in the Tags panel and drag on top of the photo of the…strawberries, and release my mouse.…That applies that tag and if you look closely, you can see the little purple…icon at the bottom of that tag that represents a tag that's in my Food category.…
- Importing photos from a computer, camera, or iPhoto
- Adding photo captions
- Reviewing your photos as a slideshow
- Moving and renaming files and folders
- Reconnecting missing files
- Creating albums
- Applying keyword tags
- Identifying people in your photos automatically
- Organizing photos by events
- Adding location data to photos
- Finding photos
- Saving smart searches
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos
Importing the exercise files2m 50s
2. Managing Photos in Media View
3. Reviewing Photos in Full Screen View
4. Working with Files and Folders
5. Organizing Photos in Albums
6. Keyword Tagging
Applying keyword tags4m 59s
7. Organizing Photos in People View
8. Organizing Photos in Events View
9. Organizing Photos in Places View
10. Finding Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.