Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying instant photo fixes, part of Photoshop Elements 11 Essentials: 01 Importing and Organizing Photos.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Most of the editing that you'll do to photos in Elements will be in the Editor,…a separate part of the program from the Organizer.…But the Organizer does offer some one- click solutions for common photo problems.…They're called Instant Fix Photo Fix options.…You can access those here in Media view by going to the taskbar and…clicking Instant Fix.…That opens the Photo Fix Options here.…Most of these buttons are one-click fixes.…So for example, here I have a photo that looks a little dull; the color isn't…right and neither is the exposure.…
I'll select this image and then I'll come over to the Photo Fix Options, and I'll…just try different options.…Let's see what Contrast does to this photo.…And that, I think, looks a lot better.…Now actually, several things have happened here.…When you apply a Photo Fix Option like this, Elements makes a copy of the…original photo and it fixes the copy; then it automatically saves the fixed copy…back to the same location as the original and it doesn't overwrite the original.…
- Importing photos from a computer, camera, or iPhoto
- Adding photo captions
- Reviewing your photos as a slideshow
- Moving and renaming files and folders
- Reconnecting missing files
- Creating albums
- Applying keyword tags
- Identifying people in your photos automatically
- Organizing photos by events
- Adding location data to photos
- Finding photos
- Saving smart searches
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos
Importing the exercise files2m 50s
2. Managing Photos in Media View
3. Reviewing Photos in Full Screen View
4. Working with Files and Folders
5. Organizing Photos in Albums
6. Keyword Tagging
Applying keyword tags4m 59s
7. Organizing Photos in People View
8. Organizing Photos in Events View
9. Organizing Photos in Places View
10. Finding Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.