Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying filters, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Filters, photo effects and layer styles are the features to turn to in the…Full Edit workspace when you feel that you're urged to make your photos into…unique pieces of art.…We'll look at all three in this chapter.…Let's start with filters.…A filter affects only one layer at a time in a multilayer image.…So before I apply a filter, I check the layers panel to make sure that I've…selected the layer that I want to filter.…This file has two layers;…on the top layer there is this smaller photo of a truck, the larger photo is on…the Background layer.…It's that larger photo to which I want to apply a filter, so I'll make sure that…I have the Background layer selected in the layers panel.…
There are several different places from which I can apply a filter.…I could go up to the Filter menu and choose one of these filter categories and…then choose a filter from here, but I think it's more intuitive to use the…Effects panel over here.…If your Effects panel isn't open, you can open it from the Window menu at…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.