Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying a LOMO camera effect, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
Another new Guided Edit in the Fun Edits category is the Lomo Camera Effect.…This effect mimics the results of specialty film cameras that produce high…contrast photographs with shifted saturated colors.…I've opened this photo into Guided Edit from the Organizer, or I could do that…from the Editor as I've explained.…Then I'll go to the column on the right side of Guided Edit, I'll find Fun…Edits, and I'll click on the first one, the Lomo Camera Effect.…That opens these instructions with a roll over example and the steps are…pretty straightforward.…
The first step is to shift the color to resemble a cross processed photograph.…Cross processing is an alternative color darkroom technique in which film…intended for developing in slide chemistry is processed in photo negative…chemistry instead, giving you an unusual and highly saturated color like this…that you'll see when I click Cross Process Image.…If I want a more intense version of this effect, I could click this button…again, but I am going to leave it as it is.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.