Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting lighting in Quick Fix, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
You can quickly adjust the lighting, specifically the brightness and contrast in…your photos here in the Quick Fix workspace.…Brightness of course means, how light or dark an image is.…So this image is relatively dark.…Contrast is the degree of difference between the lightest and darkest tones in an image.…Generally you're aiming to have bright whites with image detail and dark shadows…with image detail and a full range of gray tones in between, and that isn't what…I have in this image.…So I'd like to fix its brightness and its contrast.…I'll go over to the panel of controls on the right and there I could try Smart Fix.…
Smart Fix as you've seen in earlier movies, tries to just not only brightness…and contrast, but also color.…So I could try dragging the fix slider and see how it works, it's not too bad…on this image, but I would like to give some of the more specific lighting controls a try.…So I'm going to click the x to cancel the Smart Fix adjustment, and instead,…I'll come down to the Lighting area if this area isn't showing, you can click…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.