Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting color in Quick Fix, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Some photos suffer from problems with color.…There may be an unwanted colorcast or some of the colors may be oversaturated or…too desaturated or you may need to adjust the color temperature of an image.…Let's take a closer look at the color controls in the Quick Fix workspace to see…how we can use them to fix those problems.…The color controls are located here in this panel, the Color panel and in the Balance panel.…I'll start in the Color panel with the Auto control.…The Auto control comes in handy for removing colorcasts.…A colorcast like the blue colorcast in this photo is usually caused by the light…in which the photo was taken.…
This was taken in a shaded canyon, so the rocks look more blue, than they did to…my eye when I was there in the canyon.…But a single click, on the Auto color button, can solve that problem,…neutralizing the blue that was visible primarily in the midtones in the rocks.…Keep in mind that you don't always want to remove a colorcast.…There are some images, like this one, that benefit from a colorcast.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.