Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting with Color Curves, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
The Color Curves adjustment is the command to reach for when you want to adjust…the lighting and color in an image and you want more control than you can get…from the Shadows/Highlights command or from a Levels Adjustment layer.…The Adjust Color Curves command is not an adjustment layer.…So before you begin to apply it, you might want to copy the image layers that…you have one that you haven't affected directly.…I'll just leave things as they are and go up to the Enhance menu and down to the…Adjust Color menu and from there I am going to choose Adjust Color Curves.…
That opens this large Adjust Color Curves dialog box.…In this dialog box, I have an After view and a Before view to compare it with.…But these previews are a little bit small for my taste.…So I am going to move this entire dialog box way over to the right pushing some…of it off the screen.…So, I can see my image here in the document window or at least part of it.…The way that I start in the Adjust Color Curves dialog box is with these…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.