Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding text and graphics, part of Lightroom and Photoshop Elements: Integration.
- When you're managing a photo in Lightroom,…another reason to pass it to Elements…is to add graphics and text.…Here, I have another version of the photo…that we're working on in the last movie.…You can use this version from the exercise files.…I've already added some texture and some sepia toning,…but now I want to add some graphics,…a frame perhaps or another background.…Here in Lightroom, I'll go to the photo menu and choose…Edit In, edit in Adobe Photoshop Elements.…I haven't added any more adjustments in Lightroom,…so I'll just choose edit a copy and click Edit.…
Here in Elements editor, I'll make sure…I'm in the expert edit workspace and I'll come down…and I'll click Graphics at the bottom…of the column on the right.…That fills the column on the right…with some graphics to choose from.…I can sort through those using the menus…at the top of the column.…I'll go to the first menu and I'll choose to show all…and then I'll go to the next menu and here are…the categories of graphics that you can access.…I'm going to go for a frame graphic, so I'll choose frames.…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Togetherwith Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.