Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding realistic reflections, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Elements 9 comes with another new Guided Edit that you can use to add realistic…looking reflections to your photos.…That Guided Edit is located in the Fun Edit section and it's called what else, Reflection.…Before I use the Reflection Guided Edit, I'm going to crop away this area of…this sidewalk in my photo.…This does have some reflection in it, but I'd rather add my own, better…looking reflection.…So, I'm going to crop this away by going up to the top of the column on the…right side of Guided Edit, and from the Basic Photo Edits category, I'll choose Crop Photo.…
Now, this isn't the only place that you can crop a photo in Elements, but it's…convenient to do it right here in Guided Edit when I'm going to be using the…Reflections Guided Edit in just a moment.…With the Crop tool selected here in the instructions, I'll leave the Crop Box…Size set to No Restriction.…And then I'll move into the image and I'll click inside this bounding box and…I'm going to push it up to the top-left of the photo.…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.