Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding effects, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Another kind of special artistic effect that you can add to a photo is a photo effect.…A photo effect is a little more complicated than a filter.…When I apply a photo effect to an image, Elements runs a multiple step action…that can include not only multiple filters, but also layer styles and new layers…as well as artistic effects.…Before I apply an effect, I'll go to the layers panel and I'm going to…select the layer to which I want to apply this effect and that's going to be…the Background layer.…The Background layer in this file contains just the photo of the two birds on…either side of this chair and then on the single bird layer, I have just that…layer that's in the middle, surrounded by transparency.…
Now some of the photo effects will apply to multiple layers in a file, but the…effects I'm going to use in this lesson will affect only the selected layer.…So I have selected the Background layer and now I'll go up to the Effects panel.…If your Effects panel isn't open, you can open it from the Window menu at…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.