Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding creative effects, part of Lightroom and Photoshop Elements: Integration.
- Lightroom's Develop module is…primarily a photo quality editor.…You can work on color and tone and composition.…But when it comes to adding creative effects,…you'll often want to take a photo…that you're managing in Lightroom over to Elements.…Now there are some creative effects…that you can add to a photo here in Lightroom.…In the Develop module, I can access the presets…that ship with Lightroom from the Presets panel.…And here I'll go to the Lightroom…black and white tone presets,…and I'll choose the Antique preset.…And that converts the image to black and white,…and adds this light sepia toning.…
But I'd like to do more to this photo.…I'd like to add a texture.…For that, I need to take the photo to Elements.…So I'll go up to the Photo menu and choose…Edit In, Edit in Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.…I'll go with a Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments…so that I can see the sepia toning in Elements,…and I'll click Edit.…Here in Elements Expert Edit workspace,…I'm going to go to the bottom of the screen…and click on the Effects icon.…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. She begins with details on how to set up Lightroom and Photoshop Elements for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats (including raw), and practical scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop Elements together. Learn how to composite multiple photos with layers and selections, retouch portraits, and add creative effects and text to photos. Want to move to Lightroom permanently? Jan also shows how to upgrade a catalog from Elements to Lightroom.
- Why should you use Lightroom and Elements together?
- Setting up Elements as Lightroom's editor
- Editing raw photos and TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
- Blending bracketed exposures
- Stitching panoramas
- Adding creative effects, text, and graphics
- Upgrading a catalog from Lightroom to Elements
Skill Level Intermediate
Using Lightroom and Photoshop Togetherwith Jan Kabili2h 36m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Setting Up Elements as Lightroom's External Editor
2. Working with Raw Photos
3. Working with TIFFs, PSDs, and JPEGs
4. Practical Uses of Lightroom and Elements Together
5. Upgrading a Catalog from Lightroom to Elements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.