Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer, part of Photoshop Elements 9 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
It seems that the photos that often get the most attention are those that have…the most intense colors.…If you want to control the intensity or the saturation of colors in your photos,…then try applying a Hue/Saturation Adjustment layer.…Hue/Saturation is one of those adjustments that you can apply in an adjustment…layer or as a direct adjustment from the Enhance menu.…I suggest you do it as an adjustment layer so that your changes remain editable…and don't directly impact the photo layers.…
This photograph by photographer John Lorenz was taken on a rainy cloudy day and…these umbrellas were pretty faded by the sun so the colors look desaturated.…In other words, it looks like there's some gray in the colors.…I can change that with a Hue/Saturation Adjustment layer.…To add that adjustment layer, I'll go to the adjustment layer icon at the bottom…of the layers panel and I'll choose Hue/Saturation.…That adds the Hue/Saturation Adjustment layer here in the layers panel.…
Down here in the Adjustments panel, I now have controls for varying the Hue, the…
- Downloading files from a digital camera
- Importing photos into an Elements catalog
- Applying keyword tags
- Organizing photos into albums and Smart Albums
- Automatically adjusting photos in Quick Fix
- Walking through Guided Edit photo techniques
- Understanding photo resizing and resolution
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Making and refining selections
- Correcting photos in the Full Edit workspace
- Applying image sharpening
- Adding text and special effects
- Creating photo projects, such as greeting cards and calendars
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Importing Files to the Organizer
2. Working with the Organizer
3. Organizing and Finding Photos
4. Viewing Photos
5. Using Quick Fix and Photo Fix
6. Working in Guided Edit
7. Full Edit Basics
8. Working with Layers
9. Making Selections
10. Correcting Photos
11. Touching Up Photos
12. Adding Special Effects
13. Adding Text
14. Creating Photo Projects
15. Printing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.