- [Ray] Hey there, this is Ray Villalobos, Senior Staff Author, and in this course I'm going to show you how to work with Electron, an open source framework for building cross-platform desktop applications with web technologies. I'll start by showing you how easy it is to create a simple application with just a few lines of code. Then I'll show you how to work with different windows, communicate between them, and work with the different processes, that Electron apps rely on, the main, as well as the renderer process. We'll then create a realistic application using Electron with the popular React and Bootstrap frameworks, which will make it easier to build an interface as well as certain features for our application.
Finally, I'll show you how to create custom menus and package the applications into a stand-alone clickable document for your platform. As usual, there's a lot to learn, so let's get started building cross-platform applications with Electron.
- Creating your first app
- Configuring multiple windows and window events
- Integrating React.js
- Creating external components
- Passing events through props
- Saving data
- Using Bootstrap components in Electron
- Creating a multipanel app
- Creating custom menus
- Packaging the application