Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercises for this course, part of Electron: Building Cross Platform Desktop Apps.
- [Instructor] You can find all the exercise files for this course at this URL as a GitHub repo. Now, this repository has branches for each of the videos in the course. You can use the branch pop-up menu to switch to a specific branch and take a look at the course at that stage. This is a handy way to take a look at what's going on in each of the videos. The branches are structured so that they correspond to the videos in the course. So for example, if I name a branch 02_02b, it means that this is how the code look in the second chapter and the second video in that chapter. If you see a b at the end, it means that that is how the code look at the beginning, and if you see an e at the end, it means that that's how the code looked at the end. You can switch to a branch and download a zip file by clicking on this button, and they can clicking right here. Now before you do anything else, make sure that you have Node.js as well as Git installed and that you run npm install to install the project dependencies.
- Creating a webview app
- Configuring multiple windows and window events
- Using Vue.js with Electron
- Modifying components to improve your app
- Using Vue.js developer tools
- Adding modals
- Creating custom menus
- Managing interprocess communication (IPC) events