Get up to speed with Elasticsearch. Learn about the architecture of Elasticsearch, the different deployment methods, how to query data, how to work with Kibana, and more.
- [Instructor] The ability to index documents and search for them using plain text is a powerful capability. Elasticsearch is battle-tested and is widely adopted by organizations, large and small, for providing powerful search in their applications. As we'll learn, it has evolved well beyond these basic capabilities. Hi, I'm Ben Sullins, and, in this course, we're going to take a look at the essentials for Elasticsearch. We'll first dig into the architecture and what Elasticsearch is capable of.
Once we have our environment up and running, I'll show you how to structure your data in a way that is designed for performance. With your data indexed and ready, we'll explore how to query it, including even complex analytical queries. We'll finish by seeing how Kibana can help us provide analytical solutions on top of our Elasticsearch cluster. We'll be covering these topics and more to get you up to speed with Elasticsearch. Let's dive in.
In this course, join Ben Sullins as he dives into the inner workings of Elasticsearch combined with Kibana. Ben provides an overview of the architecture, and then goes over the different deployment methods, and how to best structure your data. From there, he demonstrates how to query data, and how to work with Kibana to present your insights.
- Reviewing key Elasticsearch concepts
- Running Elasticsearch in the cloud and locally
- Bulk loading data
- Setting up mappings of data types
- Querying data
- Running basic aggregations
- Creating visualizations and dashboards in Kibana