Kibana is a powerful addition to Elasticsearch, one you probably don't want to live without. In this video I cover the high-level features of Kibana before diving into the more nuanced aspects.
- [Instructor] Let's take a bigger look at Kibana now.…So far we've only been looking at the console,…where we've been running our code,…which is really helpful and I really like this part of it,…but I thought that it would be also interesting…to see what else it offers.…As we're going to dig in a little bit…and see how we can create analytical dashboards coming up.…So first off, under management is where we have…our index patterns.…Now the index patterns are really helpful…for understanding what data we have inside of our cluster.…We have all the different fields here…and we have the different data types.…
We also can understand if they are searchable,…aggregatable.…And we can even change them directly right here.…I can change the format or whatever I want to do.…So this is a really nice UI for handling this.…Now I also can create new index patterns…and I can create the defaults and all these kinds of things,…all directly right here inside…of the management portion of Kibana.…Now if I'm looking at a cluster for the first time,…
In this course, join Ben Sullins as he dives into the inner workings of Elasticsearch combined with Kibana. Ben provides an overview of the architecture, and then goes over the different deployment methods, and how to best structure your data. From there, he demonstrates how to query data, and how to work with Kibana to present your insights.
- Reviewing key Elasticsearch concepts
- Running Elasticsearch in the cloud and locally
- Bulk loading data
- Setting up mappings of data types
- Querying data
- Running basic aggregations
- Creating visualizations and dashboards in Kibana