Elasticsearch runs beautifully on small machines. For the remained of this course you'll work off your local machine. In this video we get setup with Elasticsearch and Kibana locally.
- Next what I want to do here is set up…Elasticsearch and Kibana locally.…I'm here at elastic.co and I need to…go download the product first,…so click on the links here for products.…Then I have, if I scroll down, Kibana and Elasticsearch.…I'm going to download Kibana first.…I'll click download, and for this,…I'm going to use the GA release,…that's the generally available release.…Kind of the production one, that you know is going to be stable.…Now I'm running a Mac here,…but you can see that there are also…versions for Windows and Linux,…so I'll click on the Mac download,…and as that kicks off, I'm going to go back to products,…scroll down, find Elasticsearch,…and here I'm going to get the TAR ball.…
If you're running on Windows,…I would recommend the zip file,…and that will give us everything we need…to run both of these locally.…So here on my desktop I have both of my downloads.…I'm just going to double click then on my Mac,…which will automatically unzip them or unpack them for me,…and if you're on a different machine…
In this course, join Ben Sullins as he dives into the inner workings of Elasticsearch combined with Kibana. Ben provides an overview of the architecture, and then goes over the different deployment methods, and how to best structure your data. From there, he demonstrates how to query data, and how to work with Kibana to present your insights.
- Reviewing key Elasticsearch concepts
- Running Elasticsearch in the cloud and locally
- Bulk loading data
- Setting up mappings of data types
- Querying data
- Running basic aggregations
- Creating visualizations and dashboards in Kibana