In this video, explore some details around where to find the exercise files and how to use them. Each video has a start and end state of the application and can be used to follow along.
- [Narrator] To get the exercise files on the course page, simply click on the time named Exercise Files, then download the zip file. Then simply extract the zip file and move the folder to your desktop or your favorite directory. Once you have the exercise files on your desktop, click on it, and then you'll see each of the components of the stack. So, for example, you have the APM server, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and so on so forth. You have also the resources here where you have all the other files that we're gonna use in this course. And then you have a password file. So this little file here, I suggest that you crate your own because you're gonna use your own password and not the one that I created.
But just in case you're using my own files here, you have the password here. So keep in mind, we are only keeping one copy of each components of the stack, as demonstrated here, for the entire course. Since we aren't making any changes outside of the time, we are installing them. So you can get started with these items by simply running them as indicated in the video for the component itself.
- Why use the Elastic Stack?
- Installing the stack
- Working with the components of the stack
- Querying with Elasticsearch
- Logs with Logstash
- Visualizing with Kibana
- Troubleshooting resources