Join Aaron Quigley for an in-depth discussion in this video A roadmap to educator content, part of Teaching with Lynda.com.
- Now, while the primary objective of this course will be learning how to benefit our learners by leveraging lynda.com, there is also a lot of lynda.com content specifically for educators. In fact, most of the topics we will discuss here today relate to a larger course in the lynda.com library that goes into much more depth on specific topics. For example, we're gonna talk about the ideas of using technology in the classroom, of how to flip our classroom, and even look at a few LMS systems, but in this relatively short course, we won't have time to really dive deep into these ideas, but that's okay.
We have courses dedicated to each of these topics that thoroughly explore the concept. Throughout this course, as we mention various educational technologies, pedagogical strategies, and even teaching best practices, I will reference additional content from the education segment at lynda.com that will allow you to dive deeper into what is most pertinent to your teaching situation. In that way, I highly encourage you to view this course as a roadmap for identifying other areas of learning for your own professional development. To get us started, let's take a quick moment and explore the section on the lynda.com library that was created just for educators, where top teachers have shared their expertise across a variety of educational tools and skills.
Let's go ahead and open up a web browser and navigate to lynda.com. Here in my web browser, I've navigated to the education and e-learning landing page. You can get here by selecting library in the upper navigation, and then clicking on education and e-learning. One thing I'd like to point out is you have the opportunity to follow a particular segment of lynda.com. By clicking the Follow button, it's gonna make sure that you're notified of new courses as we launch them in the education segment. Now, there's several things I'd like to point out while we're on this page. On the left-hand side, we can see a list of the educational software titles that lynda.com trains on, as well as a variety of topics.
Throughout this course, we're gonna talk a lot about learning management systems, and how to integrate lynda.com with your learning management system. If you need some additional training, or you have other educators in your building that need additional training, I highly recommend you click on the LMS tab, find your learning management system, and watch some of this additional content. Let's also go ahead and click on the teacher professional development tab. Here under the teacher professional development tab, you can also choose to follow this topic, which will notify you anytime we release a new course under this particular area. There are several things that we're gonna be talking about throughout this course, including things like writing effective learning objectives, teaching future-ready students, blended learning, and even communication in the 21st century classroom.
As I reference content from these courses in this course, I'll be sure to tell you where it's coming from, and provide a link so that you can continue watching that content at a later time if you so wish. Now you've probably noticed that there's over a hundred courses that are designed just for educators, and while we won't have time in this course to talk about all of them, I highly recommend that you take some time to poke around in the education segment and find some content that's right for you and your classroom.
Use the knowledge checks and Lynda.com's built-in note-taking tool to practice what you've learned and remember ideas for your own teaching practice.
- Finding courses in the Lynda.com library
- Refreshing student skills
- Extending learning with a flipped classroom
- Supplementing Lynda.com training with your own videos
- Increasing digital skills
- Mapping curriculum to skills
- Creating learning playlists
- Assessing student learning
- Adding Lynda.com content to Canvas and Moodle