- Getting funding for your classroom technology
- Setting up an Apple Education account
- Choosing an iPad model
- Enrolling in Apple programs
- Planning a Wi-Fi network
- Setting up mobile device management (MDM)
- Getting free and paid apps
- Configuring MDM profiles
- Exploring 1:1 deployment alternatives
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Sean Colins, and this is iPads in Education: Deploying 1:1 iPads. In the education market, a 1:1 technology deployment program is defined as the distribution of one device to each person who is expected to use a device, with no planned sharing model of the technology. In a 1:1 program, there are no shared devices. In this course, we will cover the necessary steps for choosing and purchasing devices, and the steps for setting up a management system, before putting devices into people's hands.
You'll learn how to set up the architecture of a wireless network, to support the high density of iPad devices that are likely to be present, in a 1:1 program at a school. Finally, we'll explore the complexities of managing iPads once they are deployed into your user's hands. Thanks for joining me, now let's get going.
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
1. Planning Your iPad Purchase
2. Getting with the Program
3. Planning and Executing Wi-Fi
4. Out of the Box iPad Management
5. Working with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
6. Alternatives to 1:1 Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.