Learn how to use Lynda.com in your teaching or training program. Find out how find the right videos for your flipped class, create learning playlists, and integrate Lynda.com with an LMS.
- Hello, I'm Aaron Quigley. - And I'm Matt Fishbach. - And we'd like to welcome you to this course on teaching with Lynda.com. - We work together as part of a team focused on making Lynda.com an effective learning experience and a powerful teaching too. Aaron and I are both former teachers so we understand the importance of effective teaching tools. - And we also understand the challenges facing educators today. - We know that the right set of tools can really help educators engage their classrooms and bring out amazing student results. - That's why we're really excited to welcome you to this course on using the Lynda.com library as an instructional resource.
Whether you're a college professor, a K12 educator, a corporate trainer, or someone who just leads a learning group, this course will explore how you can leverage the over 4,000 Lynda.com courses as an educator. We'll dive into topics such as maximizing instructional time by flipping your classroom, how to hold learners accountable, and creating cultures of learning. We'll even dive into some hands-on instruction for creating and using playlists and integrating Lynda.com into your learning management system. - [Matt] Along the way, we'll be presenting you with some knowledge checks.
These are quick opportunities for you to think about what you've learned and to write down your reflections using the integrated note-taking system. You can think of knowledge checks as a helpful way to internalize key ideas, and to start thinking about how to apply those ideas to your individual teaching practice. - We are very excited about the library Lynda.com has created, and we look forward to helping you leverage this resource in your own instruction. - Our goal is to help you provide a world-class learning experience for your students. So let's get started.
Use the knowledge checks and Lynda.com's built-in note-taking tool to practice what you've learned and remember ideas for your own teaching practice.
- Finding courses in the Lynda.com library
- Refreshing student skills
- Extending learning with a flipped classroom
- Supplementing Lynda.com training with your own videos
- Increasing digital skills
- Mapping curriculum to skills
- Creating learning playlists
- Assessing student learning
- Adding Lynda.com content to Canvas and Moodle