Join Chris Mattia for an in-depth discussion in this video Using mobile for clickers, part of Blended Learning Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Keeping a finger on the pulse…of our face-to-face classrooms…is a must-have skill that teachers continue to refine…throughout their careers.…A classroom technology that has continued…to gain popularity…is the student response system.…Commonly referred to as clickers.…They allow a teacher to pose a question to the class…and the students click in their answers…with dedicated handheld remotes.…The results are pooled together,…displayed to the teacher…or to the entire class.…They can be an effective tool…to quickly take the pulse…of an entire room full of students.…
How do you translate this concept…to a blended course…where the synchronous class sessions…may not always occur in the same physical space?…Several new cloud-based services…can now turn every student's mobile device or laptop…into a clicker that will work…both in and out of the classroom.…To see how this works,…we'll use an app called Socrative.…That's available on iOS, Android,…and in a standard web browser.…There are two versions of the app.…A teacher and a student version.…
- Understanding blended learning
- Humanizing course materials
- Designing blended courses with Google Apps
- Setting up sharing on iOS and Android devices
- Capturing mobile screenshots
- Recording audio and video
- Creating a YouTube channel for sharing video
- Blending courses with an LMS
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
Teaching Fundamentals: Project-Based Learningwith Dayna Laur41m 50s Appropriate for all
Creative Insights: Renaldo Lawrence on Elearningwith Renaldo Lawrence31m 33s Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Blending with Google Apps
3. Blending with Mobile
4. Blending with Video
5. LMS and Open Blending
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.