Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Using VPP to get free apps, part of iPads for Educators: Deploying 1:1 iPads.
- In our last movie I showed you how to purchase a paid app…and you can see here the total cost of that purchase.…If however we go back to our VPP Home…and we look for a free app,…again I'm going to search on algebra,…this time I'm going to say I just want to look at IOS Apps…and I'm going to look at Education.…This just shows you that you can separate things out…by category and media type which is kind of convenient.…So I have several options here in algebra.…
One here is Algebra Explained c.1 Order of Operations LITE.…That looks interesting.…And there we've got…Try Algebra Explained and see why people are saying…'Love this app', blah blah blah blah blah.…Terrific. Wonderful.…Well I'm going to give this one a shot.…And being that it's free,…you can see that it's free up here,…there's no calculation.…I can simply put in a number and grab it…and bring it down for free.…But not wanting to be wasteful…I'm just going to try this on one device.…I'm going to put in a Quantity of 1.…Tap Review Order.…Click Place Order.…
- Getting funding for your classroom technology
- Setting up an Apple Education account
- Choosing an iPad model
- Enrolling in Apple programs
- Planning a Wi-Fi network
- Setting up mobile device management (MDM)
- Getting free and paid apps
- Configuring MDM profiles
- Exploring 1:1 deployment alternatives
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
1. Planning Your iPad Purchase
2. Getting with the Program
3. Planning and Executing Wi-Fi
4. Out of the Box iPad Management
5. Working with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
6. Alternatives to 1:1 Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.