The coure calendar inside of the Canvas learning management system is intuitive, well organized, and easy to use. The calendar can be accessed from the Global Navigation Bar, as well as other places from within the course. Activities, events, due dates and more can be easily added and, once created and assigned a due date for these activities will be automatically entered into your the studens account, and feedback will be given, allowing you to improve the organization of your course
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] The calendar inside of Canvas…is very intuitive,…and it's a wonderful tool for you and your students.…In this video,…we'll take a look at what the calendar looks like…inside of Canvas.…In order to access it,…on the far left in the global navigation bar,…I'm going to click on the calendar.…Now, there is other places that you'll be able…to access the calendar within the course.…For example, on the far right,…right now, under course status,…we can also access the calendar.…Right now, I'll click on the one…from the global navigation bar,…and it brings us to our course calendar.…
Now, in between videos I added my physical science class…because I wanted to show you that…when you have different courses,…they will show up as different colors on the calendar.…You can arrange your calendar to show,…say, only my physical science events.…Right here, I see that we have an assignment…on the 14th and on the 23rd.…If I want to see just my biology assignments,…I can select just those.…Here, I can see the genetics video reflection,…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading scheme
- Creating student groups
- Using group discussions
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Canvas 2016
Create a teacher account1m 2s
2. Create a Course
3. Create Student Groups
4. Add Assignments and Quizzes
5. Explore the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.