Announcements are an important feature inside of the Canvas learning management system that allow you to improve communication with your students. Announcements can be created to remind students of deadlines or due dates, events, field trips, and more. These announcements will be posted on the Canvas platform, visible for all students to see. Creating announcements is a great way to keep your students up-to-date and informed about what is going on in your course.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] In the previous video we took a look…at the conversations feature.…In this video we'll take a look…at another communication tool…and that is announcements.…Announcements are a great way to remind your students…about events, guest speakers, due dates, field trips,…or anything you wanna remind them about.…Now in order to access and create an announcement…I'm going to go to the course navigation…and click on announcements.…As you can see, we have no announcements yet,…so I'm going to click on the big blue button…which says plus announcement.…From here I can title my announcement.…
I'm going to title it field trip.…Down below I'm going to put the message.…Now after I have my message entered in…I can add a file if I want to,…in this case I do not wanna add a file.…I can delay posting.…If I click this it will allow me to post it…at whatever day and time that I'd like to.…This is a really nice feature,…because if you wanna have an announcement…that goes out say reminding students about a field trip,…but you don't want it to go out until after school…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading scheme
- Creating student groups
- Using group discussions
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Canvas 2016
Create a teacher account1m 2s
2. Create a Course
3. Create Student Groups
4. Add Assignments and Quizzes
5. Explore the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.