Join Chris Mattia for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up sharing with Reflector 2, part of Teaching Techniques: Blended Learning.
- Reflector is an application that turns your Mac…or Windows computer into both an AirPlay…and a Google cast mirroring device.…In a blended-learning classroom,…this is a must-have application since it…enables the sharing of virtually any mobile device…or computer to your main computer and thus…to the main display for your classroom.…You can download a copy of Reflector 2 for your computer…at AirSquirrels.com/Reflector.…Once installed, open the application.…On a Mac, it appears in the menu bar in the upper-right.…
On Windows, it appears in the system tray.…Click the gear icon and then select preferences.…Now, let's go ahead and configure our Reflector.…In the general tab under broadcast name,…uncheck the box for use system name and then set…a custom broadcast name.…This will be the name that students see…when they try and connect to your device.…I like to use my course number.…In this case it will be ENV432.…The next option is show client name.…Any time a student connects to your Reflector…and their device appears on screen,…
- Understanding blended learning
- Humanizing course materials
- Designing blended courses with Google Apps
- Setting up sharing on iOS and Android devices
- Capturing mobile screenshots
- Recording audio and video
- Creating a YouTube channel for sharing video
- Blending courses with an LMS
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
Teaching Techniques: Project-Based Learningwith Dayna Laur41m 50s Appropriate for all
Creative Insights: Renaldo Lawrence on Elearningwith Renaldo Lawrence31m 33s Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Blending with Google Apps
3. Blending with Mobile
4. Blending with Video
5. LMS and Open Blending
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.