Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up and populating your mobile device management system, part of iPads in Education: Deploying 1:1 iPads.
- In this movie, we're going to setup…the Apple MDM section…of the Meraki system manager here.…This is just the certificate generation…that allows Meraki to use…Apple's Push Notifications Certificate system…with your DEP enrolled devices.…It basically connects those dots.…First thing we're going to do…is we're going to download the CSR from Meraki.…The nice thing is, here, that…if you're using your own,…like, OS X server based system,…you'd be generating your own CSR,…it's nice that it's just…a clickable download here from Meraki.…
There it is in our Downloads area.…Next, we're going to upload the CSR to Apple…and download the push certificate,…and they give you a great link here.…Again, very, very useful.…I'm going to open this link in another tab.…This is the Apple Push Certificates Portal…and I'm going to sign in with an Apple ID.…This does not have to be…a Apple ID that you've used in the past for other programs.…In fact, it's probably a really good idea…if this is an Apple ID…that you've created for your institution.…
- Getting funding for your classroom technology
- Setting up an Apple Education account
- Choosing an iPad model
- Enrolling in Apple programs
- Planning a Wi-Fi network
- Setting up mobile device management (MDM)
- Getting free and paid apps
- Configuring MDM profiles
- Exploring 1:1 deployment alternatives
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Classroom Management Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley52m 41s Beginner
Learning Management System (LMS) Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Project-Based Learning: STEM to STEAMwith Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy2h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Planning Your iPad Purchase
2. Getting with the Program
3. Planning and Executing Wi-Fi
4. Out of the Box iPad Management
5. Working with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
6. Alternatives to 1:1 Deployment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.