The homepage for your a Canvas course is the page that students will first arrive at when they access your course. You have several options to choose from when setting your course homepage including the course syllabus or activity stream. You can even create a customized page which acts as the homepage. Take some time to choose your homepage as it will likely be the most visited page in your account.
- [Voiceover] We've now created our first course,…and in this case, mine is Biology 101.…On the left hand side I'll click on my dashboard…and I can see that there is now…a course card that appears on this page.…If I click on Biology 101 it brings me…to the course home page.…An important consideration when first creating a course…is what you want to designate as your course home page.…In order to do this, on the right hand side I'm going to…click on Choose Home Page and a pop-up box appears.…Now, this'll be the page that students…first see when they log into your course,…so you're going to want to make sure that you…customize it the way you'd like it to be.…
You can choose from the course activity stream,…which means that you'll see any activity going on…in the course including due dates and discussions,…you can choose from the course modules,…which will be your different weeks, units,…or any modules that you set up,…an assignment list, or a syllabus.…There's also an option for page as front page.…This will allow you to customize a page…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading scheme
- Creating student groups
- Using group discussions
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Canvas 2016
Create a teacher account1m 2s
2. Create a Course
3. Create Student Groups
4. Add Assignments and Quizzes
5. Explore the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.