The Canvas learning management system contains a powerful and intuitive gradebook. Once you publish your course, all students will be automatically populated into the gradebook and listed in alphabetical order according to their last name. Any assignments or assessments that are added to the course will also be automatically populated into the gradebook. The gradebook is easy to edit and helps to provide students with their progress in your course.
- [Voiceover] The Gradebook within Canvas…is an incredibly powerful way to give students feedback,…while not creating a lot of work for the instructor.…In the rest of this chapter we'll explore…some of the grading tools built into Canvas,…including SpeedGrader and rubrics.…In this video we'll take a look at the Canvas Gradebook.…Now, in order to access it…from any of the pages within my course,…on the left hand side under Course Navigation bar,…I'm going to click on Grades.…Now, right away we'll notice a few things…about our Gradebook.…First of all, any students we had entered into the course…are automatically populated into the Gradebook,…this saves a lot of time.…
So all of the students are right here,…and they are entered in and arranged by alphabetical order…for their last names.…The next thing we notice is that at the top,…in the different columns, we have the quizzes…and assignments that we've assigned throughout the course.…Now, I didn't manually enter these either,…as we created them, they are automatically populated…
- Setting up a teacher account and profile
- Creating the course and syllabus
- Adding a grading scheme
- Creating student groups
- Using group discussions
- Creating assignments and quizzes
- Building test question banks
- Exploring the grading tools (including SpeedGrader)
- Working with modules
- Publishing a course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Canvas 2016
Create a teacher account1m 2s
2. Create a Course
3. Create Student Groups
4. Add Assignments and Quizzes
5. Explore the Grading Tools
6. Course Management Tools
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.